How to Disable “Change File Extension” Warning on Mac 2022
This tutorial is about how to disable the “Change file extension” warning on Mac. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Disable the “Change File Extension” Warning on Mac. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check How to Disable “Change File Extension” Warning on Mac
Normally, when you change the extension of a file on macOS, you get a warning. And if you’re someone who changes file extensions frequently, you might soon be annoyed by the warning. Luckily, there is an easy way to turn off the file extension change warning on Mac. There are actually two ways to do this and we have detailed them below. As a reminder, you should only disable this feature if you know what you are doing. Changing a file’s extension may damage the file and you may not be able to undo the changes. With the rapid development of modern technology, people’s lifestyle is also changing.
As a result, PCs and Macs are closer to them and fascinated by them than ever. It seems that they have become more efficient thanks to this. So when you transfer a lot of files to your Mac, “Are you sure you want to change the extension?” Frequent notifications can be annoying. The warning pops up whenever you try to rename a file’s extension in Finder. It can be boring for someone who knows what he’s doing. Luckily, there are two easy ways to get rid of them on Mac. Let’s see.
Disable File Extension Change Warning in macOS Using Finder
- Launch the Finder on your Mac.
- Go to the top menu bar and select Finder → Preferences.
- In the Preferences panel, select the Advanced tab.
- Uncheck “Display a warning before modifying an extension”.
- And There you go. You will no longer see the warning when changing the extension of a file. To enable the warning, simply repeat the above steps and check the option again.
How to disable file extension changing warning using Terminal
- Launch Terminal by going to Applications → Utilities → Terminal via Finder or Launcher.
- Copy and paste the following command and press Enter.
- defaults write com.apple.finder FXEnableExtensionChangeWarning -bool false
- Then enter this command killall Finder. It will relaunch the Finder with the new settings in place.
Final Words: How to Disable the “Change File Extension” Warning on Mac
Hope you understand this article How to Disable the “Change File Extension” Warning on Mac, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.